AIS Inc is committed to state-of-art research in Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) to create affordable, autonomous custom robotic solutions to solve real industry problems. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Designer who will work with the project manager and the technical team to improve the performance of the robot with an emphasis on improving the mechanical design of the robot.
- Creates and modify mechanical design with the assistance of the team lead.
- Develops and updates the drawings and bill of materials (BOM).
- Performs the assembly of the systems and mechanical testing as required.
- Communicates with the manufacturers and follows up the manufacturing processes.
- Collaborates with the electrical and computer engineering teams.
- Assists in the development of the product technical documents and reports.
- Min 2 years of experience in mechanical design.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical design, manufacturing methods, industrial design, and material specifications.
- Must be highly skilled in SolidWorks.
- The ability to develop an industrial design for the robot considering the standard codes.
- Previous experience in robotics is considered an asset.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented person.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
We offer the following;
- Great start-up team environment
- Competitive benefits
- Stock options
- Social and team activities
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.